- About Us
- Student Life
- Support Parker
Parker School has an immediate opening for a Design Lab Specialist/Technology Teacher to teach middle and upper school students in a college-preparatory environment. The Technology Teacher will play an integral role in the ongoing development of our technology program as well as support and facilitate the design lab.
This full-time faculty member will teach one or more sections of upper school semester-based courses; one section of upper school robotics, to include out-of-class competitions and events; one or more sections of middle school electives; and will support the middle school tech/robotics club. This position will also be responsible for communicating with students, families, and colleagues, and will fulfill basic faculty duties.
Qualifications for this position include a bachelor’s degree in a related field (advanced degree preferred) and prior experience teaching middle and/or upper school students. Experience in robotics coaching, makerspace, and design lab preferred.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Knowledge of diverse programming languages leading to tangible student outcomes such as web pages, 3D printing and fabrication, animation, games, and apps.
- Proficiency with customary design space tools and equipment, hardware and software, ability to apply and communicate design thinking and design principles.
- Ability to implement curricula for upper school technology classes and electives, such as:
- Computer Science Applications & App Design
- Web Foundations & Design
- 3D Printing & Fabrication
- Animation & Game Design Principles
- Ability to teach middle school introductory classes and electives, such as:
- Technology Basics
- Design & Modeling
- Computer Science
- Willingness and ability to learn, participate, and be active in a private school community; strong problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, and teamwork skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills; self-motivated with high work standards and attention to detail.
To apply, submit a resume and letter of interest with three references to email@example.com.